China ramblings

Friday, January 28, 2011

Another trip to China has snuck up on us again - and how exciting it is. Even though I'm not going, I still get goosebumps just thinking about it! It's just incredible to think that the little guy below is going to be part of our family in a matter of weeks. After 9 months of waiting (just like a pregnancy!) I'll finally get to meet this precious little brother of mine!



He looks so happy in his pictures...I know he's being well taken care of. And I'm sure his foster family will be grieving as they have to let go of the sweet boy they've taken care of for almost two years.

So....specifics? Mom and Courtney will be leaving for China on February 25th, to return March 12th. We recently received our itinerary (click here to see it!) so all the touring and hotel arrangements have been made! Now all we have to do is count the days......I have a feeling the next few weeks are going to be some of the longest of my life.



But certainly waiting for Mom and Courtney to leave isn't going to be the hardest - it's waiting for them to come back that's going to be the tough part! I don't know about you, but when part of my family is gone, the days seem to just crawl by....unless I actually have some constructive work to do. If I didn't have Isaac to watch, I'd likely tear our house apart, paint, re-finish, organize, dust, scrub, and clean every dirty corner I could find. That's the kind of project that would take my mind off waiting! In fact, I think housework is slightly....uh....therapuetic. Don't laugh!! Scrubbing a kitchen floor can be very satisfying! For me, anyway.

So...what am I going to be doing while they're gone? Good question. Here's a small list I've compiled to keep me busy:

~Make and decorate gingerbread cookies with Isaac

~Burn tumbleweeds

~Scrub floor (see, there it is again)

~Clean Mom's bathroom

~Update picture frame

~Blog (oh yes, I'll be keeping ALL of you very updated while they're gone!)

~Have a picinic

~Clean Joshua's booster seat

~Try to keep from going crazy

~Blog some more

~Eat chocolate out of desperation

~Eat more chocolate

~Do play-dough with Isaac

~Check to see if Courtney's emailed me yet

~Find out what time it is in China

~Have some more chocolate

~Scrub another floor

As you can see, my list deteriorated at the end. What AM I going to do??? Work will certainly be a BIG part of my life while Mom and Courtney are gone. If I work like crazy in the house, I'll be exhausted by time evening rolls around and I might have a chance at sleeping at night. (If you've never thought of it before, the chances of sleeping while your sister and Mom are on the other side of the world and possibly getting Joshua at that very moment are like zero.) It'll take my mind off of waiting. And as a side bonus, it will get some serious deep cleaning done that wouldn't have otherwise be accomplished.

I totally agree with what one of my friends said - "If I'm stressed, you'll find me with a mop in one hand and a chocolate bar in the other." Yep, that's where you'll find me!

Don't forget about the FF Challenge ~ if you want to join, leave me a comment! I need to see some more interest if we're going to do this!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

SOOO excited for you family, Rachel!!! And can't WAIT to see you all in a few weeks!

Maybe I'll bring you some chocolate for your mental health while you wait. ;D

Rachel said...

Oh yes, we sometimes call M&M;s "Mom's special vitamins"....I'm going to need somwhat of a stash to keep healthy while you all are gone!

Can't WAIT to see you too!

About This Blog

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not
on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will
make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP