Sunday Snapshot: Daisy the new mamma

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Yesterday afternoon, the moment I've been waiting for for 5 months finally happened - Daisy kidded! We had two families visiting at the time, so they got to watch the whole thing. What a fun experience!
Everyone anxiously looks on...

....here I am, looking a little nervous as I slip on my gloves. Daisy kidded around 5:30 - 6:00.

And here's #1 - a boy! We named him Clover. You can see from this picture Mom helped me out quite a bit when the babies where born. Thanks Mom for being willing to get messy! :)

Shortly after Clover was born, Rosie made her appearance. A boy and a girl - how exciting!

Kayla, Ava, Hannah, and Annabeth look on. Thanks, girls, for keeping me company as we waited f0r Daisy to progress!


Here are the cute pictures from this morning - Clover and Rosie, just one day old!


Daisy, the proud mamma, can't stop licking her babies.

Rosie, (my personal favorite) is SO cute! They are very Nubian looking, too; long floppy ears and all.

And a BIG thank-you to the M family for coming out so late in the evening for penicillin and iodine. We really appreciate it!!

5 comments:

Marissa said...

Aww :) How exciting!

Lesley said...

How exciting Rachel!!! Clover and Rosie are SO CUTE! :D

Mikala said...

Hi Rachel! Your sister linked to your blog, so I decided to check it out :-) I know you must be really excited about your goats! Thanks for posting!

Haley said...

That's so exciting! They are adorable! :)

Leah said...

Gasp! They are too, cute!

Congratulations!!!!

Very exciting. :D

I hope they do well during the first few days.

I love their names!

Blessings,

~Leah

About This Blog

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not
on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will
make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP