I'm Going to Florida!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I am very excited to say that Mom and I are going to Florida next month!
My grandparents on my Mom's side live there and we will get to visit them for five days - I can't wait!

It's been a long time since I've been to Florida.......the last time I went, I was eleven years old.  Dad and I drove there together and had a great Daddy-daughter-growing-up-talk. :-)

We got to visit the beach too - great fun!  It's been years, but I can still remember that lovely feeling of the sand being almost pulled out from underneath your feet as the waves washed up on the shore.  And stepping on sharp sea shells barefoot....yes, even that holds fond memories for me!


These are my lovely granparents that I'm going to get to see again!!!  (Sorry if the photo isn't the best, Grandpa and Grandpa.....it's the only good one I had on file!!)  We'll get to stay with them for five days - I'm looking forward to every minute of it.
Me at just a few weeks shy of eleven.  I really thought I was big stuff back then......always was wishing I could be older.....now I am and I want to just freeze life.  No older, no younger; I just want to stay right where I am.  :-)
 I still don't quite understand how I looked so cute in yellow back then but don't now.  Yellow is NOT a good color for me.  (But obviously it was okay back then?)  Hmm.  Haven't figured that one out yet. 


This is one of my favorite pictures from that trip.  Seems like just the other day.....I can't believe that was seven whole years ago.  Time sure does fly!  I kind of wish I could be that age again.

Even though we aren't leaving for over a month, the trip is still steadily approaching and I am getting so anxious for it to get here!  I don't care if all I get on the plane is peanuts and water - just to get to go and see my wonderful grandparents for a few days is going to be so much fun.  Plus, a break from the daily grind here...no dishes, no cooking, no chores, no milking.....

I can't believe I just said that.  No milking.  *Gasp*.  I confess that I DO get a little burned out on it sometimes!! But thankfully David is a terrific milker and knows just how I like the goats taken care of, so he'll be able to fill in for me while I'm gone. 

1 comments:

Jenna said...

How neat! You'll have to let me know what city you will be in, since we live in Florida! :)

Many Blessings,
Jenna

About This Blog

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not
on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will
make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP